Want to create the Yummiest, best-life-ever in Life 2.0? Of course you do!
It’s small lifestyle changes that can go a long way in helping you create the life you love.
Things like practicing gratitude – something that was life changing for me. I never thought of myself as an ungrateful person, but at the same time I didn’t have a daily gratitude practice. Once I established one a wonderful shift took place almost overnight.
Here are 30 lifestyle changes that can make a difference and really transform life into something YUMMY!
THE BIG 30 FOR YUMMY LIVING
1.Drink more water. If you don’t like plain water, try infusing it with fruit, herbs or vegetables like cucumber.
- Don’t skip breakfast. You’ll be less likely to suffer from low energy levels or binge on something unhealthy later on in the day. If you’re not a breakfast person try a smoothie or green chia pudding (yummy).
- Take Omega-3 supplements or eat salmon twice a week. Omega 3 fatty acids have been proven to improve mood and alleviate depression. There are numerous studies linking anxiety and other mood disorders with low blood levels of omega 3’s. Low intake of omega 3 is also known to change the functioning of serotonin and dopamine (happy happy).
- Eat more vegetables and watch your skin start to glow.
- Keep moving. Make exercise a regular part of life. If you sit for long periods of time get up and walk around every hour.
- Smile and Laugh many times a day. Studies show that people who smile and laugh throughout the day live 5 years longer than non smiler and non laugh-ers.
- Practice gratitude. Do it first thing in the morning or before you go to sleep, identify 5 things you’re grateful for and say “thank you, thank you, thank you!” Trust me, there are great things that happen every single day.
- Create a few morning rituals that you will look forward to, every day (i.e. going to an exercise class, walking the dog, coffee + paper, stretching, gratitude etc..)
- Spend time in nature. Take long walks. Studies show those who spend time in nature show a 20% boost in mood and memory.
- Practice self-care. Learn to look after yourself the same way you look after others. Do things that nourish and support You.
- Use essential oils – they can help you relax and unwind. Try a diffuser in your home. I have one and it’s on all the time!
- Try new things. Explore what excites, scares and challenges you – that’s how you grow.
- Practice forgiveness of self and others. It will set you free.
- Stop waiting. Don’t spend your life waiting (for anything). This moment…right now is all you’ll ever have
- Learn your lessons and let go of the past. It’s not the direction you’re going!
- Let go of your need to be perfect (trust me I’m a recovering perfectionist) life is much more fun and you’re far more lovable as your imperfect self.
- Do more of what you love. Do you like to cook? Try a new, fun recipe. Do you love animals? Volunteer at a shelter. Do something that you really enjoy, every day. It can lead to discovering your purpose. Searching for purpose? Ask yourself, “What means the most to me?”. List three things. Do that.
- Listen more.
- Know how to slow down and be present. The present moment is where we access our greatest wisdom and tap our intuition.
- Nourish your relationships.
- Dance more often. Even if it’s just by yourself, in the kitchen.
- Get more sleep. zzzzzzzzzzz
- Don’t ever stop learning.
- Worry less. Use your amazing imagination to create possibilities instead of things to worry about.
- Edit your life frequently. Get rid of things that don’t serve you.
- Learn to appreciate the little things in life. Life is made up of beautiful moments-to see them be present
- Stay curious. Always be on the outlook for new ways of thinking, being and living in the world.
- Dream big.
- Surround yourself with people you love and connect with. You are your best self with them…they bring you to life.
- When you feel fear…be grateful for where you are and take one tiny step forward…that’s all you need to release fears hold on you.
Know that You are getting better and better as you age – wiser, more beautiful, more satisfied, more joyful. You are aging in the Yummiest most graceful way possible. You are continuing to become the amazing woman you were always meant to be. Go share yourself with the world You gorgeous, desirable, Yummy creature!