Every YUMMY AGER needs glowing skin to look vibrant, healthy and full of life. It’s easier to achieve than you think.
Here are 12 tips to get your Glow-on!
- Eat salmon – high in Omega 3’s it hydrates skin from inside out and reduces inflammation that can cause dull, red skin
- Eat berries, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, broccoli, garlic and green leafies – antioxidant rich foods fight free radicals that damage cellular structure of skin
- Break a sweat – raising heart rate once a day makes skin glow
- Sleep at least 7 hours – sleep restores the body and washes skin with a fresh glow
- Deep breathe – fluid builds up in the lymph system making dull, puffy skin.. get lymph going by doing 10 minutes of deep breathing
- Apply sunscreen – the word now is to apply 2 coats (I use Eminence SPF powder–so easy)
- Drink green drinks – the all round winner! https://www.redshoezone.ca/yummy-green-goddess/
- Be grateful – happy joyful heart = glowing face
- Drink water – when we’re thirsty we’re already dehydrated and skin looks dry and parched. Glow Water – 2 liters water, ½ cucumber sliced, 1 medium lemon sliced, 12 mint leaves. Crush mint leaves to release oils. Place in pitcher overnight.
- A happy person glows – do something kind/smile/say hello/make eye contact with everyone you meet
- Exfoliate – remove dead skin cells that hide your glow. I love Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafolient from Eminence (on face) but you can make your own. Here are 2 — mixing baking soda with your favorite cleanser will do the trick or combine 4 tablespoons chick pea (besan) flour, a pinch of turmeric and enough milk or yogurt to make a paste. For body 2 you can make your own – mix 2 parts salt or sugar, 1 part oil (grape seed, almond) and a few drops of essential oil
- Apply facial oil (almond, apricot or a rose oil facial blend) before applying moisturizer – be liberal with both.
Tomorrow — YUMMY Glowing Skin recipes