Rediscovering You – Discover Passion – Step 3
Sign up for weekly tips and inspiration to start creating the life you want
Get my Red Shoe Zone
Guide to Yummy Aging
glow with health, vitality, passion + purpose
You have Successfully Subscribed!
You’ve arrived at Life Part 2.0.
Experts of all kinds give you a warm hug and effusively offer the same welcome, “Now’s the time to Follow-Your-Passions.”
Which would be awesome if you had any idea what your passions were
When was the last time you did something just because it made you happy?
Robert Holden is a happiness expert and author of Happiness Now.
He says that he’s never met anyone who pursued too much happiness or suffered from being too kind to themselves.
Give yourself a happy permission slip
Holden also said, “happiness is about being willing to be innocent again.”
We have to remember what made us happy and get back to our natural essence that first made its appearance when we were children.
This is the root of our Passions.
We never grow out of these they’re still there just waiting to be set free and reignited.
Here’s the next step on the path to rediscovering yourself.
STEP 3 – What made you happy?
Think back to a time in your life when you were truly happy.
What were you doing?
What did you love to do as a kid?
When were you most excited?
What brings a smile to your face when you think about it?
What makes you go WOW?
What were you doing when you lose track of time?
Need help stimulating memories?
Revisit your earlier life through photos, letters, music, keepsakes, talking to people who knew you ‘when’…even eating old comfort foods can trigger the memories you’re looking for.
How will you know you’ve found Passion?
You’ll have a sense of “aaaaahhhhhh”.
Some people describe it as feeling like being reunited with a lost love or coming home after a long trip.
What are you waiting for?
Start uncovering those passions. Look below for more ideas to help tap into these.
I look forward to hearing what you find. Please post comments below
Be here next week for another step to rediscover Your awesome, beautiful, fearless self.
Miss STEP 1 and 2?
STEP 1 – Step out of your comfort zone with this easy strategy
STEP 2 – How to live in the moment
10 ways to discover happiness and passion
- Go back as far as you can remember (including childhood), remember the times you felt fully alive, fully present and connected. What were you doing? We don’t grow out of our passions, what showed up when we were younger is still there just waiting to be set free!
- Finish this sentence, “I love ______”, complete the sentence using an ‘–ing’ verb to make everything present and active. Go deeper….WHY do I love it?
- When did I believe that anything was possible? What was I doing?
- When in my life did I feel I could make a difference? What was I doing?
- What energizes me?
- What makes me happiest? What excites me?
- When was the last time I was in the zone, in the flow and lost complete track of time? What was I doing?
- What would I do if I knew I could not fail?
- If I could have or do anything what would it be?
- What did I want to be when I grew up?
10 indicators you’ve found Passion
- You feel pure joy
- There’s a tingling-inside-with-excitement that won’t go away
- You feel purposeful
- You feel connected to Life
- You talk, act, think with enthusiasm
- You lose track of time
- You feel energized and it’s as if you could go on and one
- People comment that you seem to be ‘lit from within’
- People say you glow
- You feel there is an ease and flow to life.
Leave a Comment