“When patterns are broken, new worlds emerge” ~Tuli Kupferberg
Patterns create comfort zones, those safe, predictable cozy spots we like to sit in. In these places we remain unchallenged and well….comfortable. Same old/same old….we can go through the motions with our eyes shut. Know what I mean?
We’ve all got them.
I’m on a mission to unearth mine, push beyond them and see what’s on the other side. I’ve come to see that life (as in heart thumping, truly living, having the most impact) begins where the comfort zone ends.
This all happened in the last 18 months.
I didn’t see it coming. All I saw was a pair of red shoes that landed in my closet…unwanted. Not MY colour, not MY style, not ME! They languished on the floor, taunting me for 2 months. Then I did something I ‘normally’ wouldn’t do I put them on and walked out the door.
That’s when things changed.
Insight and understanding can come from the most unexpected place and I got a massive jolt from a pair of shoes.
Here’s what I learned … we owe it to ourselves to push past our ‘normal’ (aka comfort zones). Once there we’re rewarded with a completely new perspective on ourselves and the world. It’s an “Oh WOW” kind of thing. Growth is accelerated, senses are on full alert, we see possibilities where we didn’t before, we look and feel 100% ALIVE and (most importantly) we start to see ourselves as FEARLESS!
reACTION [to change in the response to stimulus]:Pushing past Normal
- Have FUN identifying things that you wouldn’t ‘normally’ wear, say or do. (Remember mine was triggered by something as innocuous as a pair of shoes. Start small and work up!)
- Initiate action — start pushing beyond what is ‘normal’ for you.
- See new perspectives (notice yourself saying, “OH WOW”)
- See that most obstacles are of our own creation (the A-ha’s)
- Enjoy new sense of self (I am strong and fearless)
- Reap rewards (Live best LIFE!)
What is triggering your journey? Would love to hear your stories!
Leave a Comment