High 5’s Sisters…..you’ve entered the fearless and free zone! It’s time to untwist and permanently send packing the tightly wound, breath holding stranger you discovered living your life. She moved in while you were intensely focused on maintaining proper ‘duck’ alignment, supporting the dreams of kids and partners and making sure everything hustled along. Finally….it’s time for some freedom and fearless living of your own.
The arrival here has been long anticipated. Yet you seem to be anchored in place unable to move. What?! Panic has set in. Not what you expected. Need gentle nudge, swift kick or something to get going.
Never fear Sisters……gotcha covered!
Here’s 8 ways to be FREE and FEARLESS
- CONNECT WITH YOURSELF – Who? That’s why this is the first step. You’ve been hanging onto a lot of things for so long, they need to dislodge. Start taking long, slow, deep breaths. [I like this 2 minute breath release from Christine Northrup author of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom and Mother Daughter Wisdom, it opens the heart and gets things moving. Find a quiet place to sit. Close your eyes. Take long slow breaths, smile into your heart for 2 minutes].
2. MAKE YOGA A REGULAR PRACTICE – Almost everyone I know does some form of yoga. It’s not uncommon from the very first class to be aware of the body letting go and releasing. Tears flow replaced by a sense of peace.
3. DOWNLOAD AND REFRESH – Ask yourself the following 5 questions. Take your time. The answers will tell you where you are right now and where you want be. Ready? Here goes. What do I want? What do I fear most? What am I struggling with? What am I wishing for? What would help? Plant the seeds and see what ‘sprouts’ over the next few days . OR Put pen to paper and start capturing a flow of consciousness. Keep going until the flow stops. This may take a few tries to unlock the vault – you’ll know when it happens. Either way you decide to approach the questions your responses will provide a blueprint going forward.
4. LET GO OF WHO YOU THINK YOU SHOULD BE– A lot of us try to adhere to a very rigid idea of who we think we should This leads many of us down the path of perfectionism as a way of ‘keeping’ our world safe and stable. Of course it’s an illusion. Letting go of the need to be perfect is profound. I went on this journey with 3 friends. We read, “The Gifts of Imperfection” by Brene Brown and signed on for the accompanying online course. Each one of us was deeply impacted. As an ‘imperfect’ we become open and vulnerable and realize this is where we find truth, peace and freedom. You can find her online courses here.
5. THERE’S NO RIGHT – Nooooo….say it isn’t so. There’s no right way? Right time? Right place? Right idea? Nope. We can become immobilized by looking for or waiting for what’s right. Guess what…. there are a billion, trillion, fantasmagillion ‘rights’. Isn’t it a relief? Whewww. Just Go.
6. GET MOVING IN NATURE– we all know the benefits of regular exercise but did you know this? When you move in nature there are BIG bonuses. A study from the University of Michigan found that people who walked in nature experienced a 20% improvement in memory (YAHOO), mood, and creativity. That’s not to mention the overall heart pumping, blood pressure lowering and over 100 benefits of walking. Aim for 20 minutes 3X’s per week. Some of my best insights and ideas have come while walking. *note to self carry notebook and pen.
7. SMILE – when we smile our bodies ‘open’ and dislodge blocks….we experience….boosted mood…improved health……our world transformed viewed through ‘happiness and joy’ lenses. We feel free and fearless.
8. DO SOMETHING YOU THINK YOU CAN’T – Buy some red shoes, go to a yoga class, wear high heels, wear red lipstick, start a blog, cut your hair, let your beautiful gray hair flow, start a business, test a few dreams do the things you’ve always wanted to. It will be the first step in overcoming fear once and for all.
START RIGHT NOW BECOMING FEARLESS AND FREE – TODAY start with #1, #6 and #7. Reapeat DAILY. You’ll feel a subtle shift in just a few days if not today! Each week add one more from the list until all 8 are incorporated. Freeeeeeeee
PS — If you know a ‘fellow’ sister who would be inspired by this blog or needs some new ideas to rediscover her fearless self feel free to send it to her. It may be just the thing she needs to facilitate successful lift off into Life Part II.
Remember to like us on facebook and follow our new RED SHOE ZONE Pinterest page.
Leave a Comment