What a world we live in!
It’s busy and fast paced. We run from one thing to another in a constant state of urgency.
Without knowing it we are accumulating stress and tension in our bodies. YUMMY AGING requires us to restore, renew, rejuvenate and revive regularly. This opens the channel for peace and happiness to flow into our lives.
“People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed.” Audrey Hepburn
Once a TYPE A not always a TYPE A
I’ve always been TYPE A. Even as a kid I remember my Mom saying, “Cheryl pleeeease slow down it doesn’t all have to be done right now.” It continued throughout 3 career paths and the raising of Kelly (also TYPE A). Always a committed health addict in regards to food and exercise I began to see that my full steam ahead/take no prisoners approach wasn’t really doing me any favors. Three years ago I began working on ‘restoration’ ….. savoring moments, living in the present and silencing the mind. While there’s still much work to be done I am making progress. Today, I thought I’d share some of my new behaviors with you. I was ready and the messenger showed up and started to teach.
TOP 10 WAYS TO RESTORE, RENEW AND REJUVENATE
- TAKE A BAKING SODA, SEA SALT BUBBLE BATH – this is new to me and really works. It supposedly removes any negative energy the body may be harbouring. I’ve done it on numerous occasions and each time I have experiences the same thing…bad dreams during the night waking refreshed next day. I can only assume that the negative energy is being exorcised by my subconscious as I sleep. I like it! Mix 250 gms of each baking soda and sea salt into warm bath add a generous squirt of bubbles. *bonus baking soda softens skin.
- PRACTICE RADICAL APPRECIATION – joyfully engage with the things you take for granted i.e. home, garden, food, clothes, family, friends. STOP whatever you are doing several times a day and say “THANK YOU”.
- TAKE A NAP – Naps are a wonderful way to return to inner peace, balance and tranquillity. It doesn’t have to be long, a 15 minute power nap is enough to reset!
- HAPPY DANCE – move for 4 minutes (HAPPY by Pharrell Williams makes it easy) it shakes out the stress, tension and any frustration.
- BREEEATHE-Bring your attention to your breathe. Breathe in deep through the nose filing your lungs with oxygen and exhale through the mouth. Make sure your belly expands when you breathe in and imagine your stomach almost hitting your back when you exhale (it took me 57 years to learn to breathe). Three deep breaths this way has been shown to restore mind and body.
- CONNECT WITH THE EARTH – walk on sand or feel the grass beneath your feet. The earth possesses a limitless and continually renewed supply of free or mobile electrons as a consequence of a global atmospheric electron circuit. The Journal of Alternative and Complimentary medicine reports a study that demonstrates that connecting the human body to the earth normalizes the daily cortisol rhythm improves sleep and reduces the pain and inflammation within the body.
- GET PHYSICAL – go for a walk, cycle, gentle jog or run. Stress and tension will be released replaced by the feel good hormone Endorphins. Oh happy day!
- SEE PARADISE EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK – find joy and solace in the simple things that surround you.
- “YOU ARE AMAZING” – you work so hard and you do so much for others do you ever stop and appreciate yourself for who you are, what you stand for and all that you do? Do you ever give yourself the love and appreciation you deserve? Tell yourself (right now) how good you are. Self: “You are wonderfully, awesomely amazing….thank you.”
- EXPECT MIRACLES – Albert Einstein said, “There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”Expect miracles and they will show up, living with an open heart like this keeps us permanently refreshed.
Like this post? Then sign up to have the latest RSZ YUMMY AGING post delivered to your inbox.